UE5 SpeedTree materials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UE5 SpeedTree materials

Hello, I have problems with SpeedTree assets on foliage with UE5. Probably the Wind is the issue, if I break the SpeedTree node in material to World Displacement, it's ok but without any move ofc.
    There is maybe a quick tweak in material to solve it until UE5 support comes out?
    Video (not by me) describing the issue:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/unrealengin...y_in_ue5_when/

thanks,
    Biga

Hey BigaC: it looks like the top comment on the thread you shared is a potential solution for this bug. Have you had a chance to test it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	TopComment_Forum_Support.PNG
Views:	96
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	10246

Comment

Originally posted by KatLeeHong View Post
      Hey BigaC: it looks like the top comment on the thread you shared is a potential solution for this bug. Have you had a chance to test it?
      Hello, I decided today to test it, but as someone warned, it require to recompile every shader, which is 38K in my project But when it's done I will report does it solve the problem or not.

Comment

I confirm too, the fix works. I'm curious when we get an official UE5 fix for it from Epic.

Comment

Hello,

The change has been submitted to Epic. Small things like this often show up in hotfixes, but the final schedule is up to them so it might not be until a full release.

Comment

Working...
          X