SpeedTree Importer not working in Houdini 19.5.435

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpeedTree Importer not working in Houdini 19.5.435

I tried with both path options, and all three shader options, and all I get is "SpeedTree ERROR: Failed to load mesh file [D:/Environments/Foliage/Pine/Pine3b.abc]" in every case. Same result using .obj files. I can import the trees directly as .obj or Alembic, but I haven't been able to get materials assigned to them in Solaris, and discovered the importer in the docs so I figured I'd give that a try, but it's not loading any of the tree objects.

I'm in Windows, using Houdini 19.5.436, Python 3.9.

Thanks!

Hello WinterLightDP

Are you using the latest version of the modeler? If not, maybe you could try updating SpeedTree and see if the problem is fixed.
    Also, in another thread, I saw that someone was able to fix some problems by changing the paths this way:
    ''Apparently, the OTL import doesn't work if the path is relative to the stmat file, for example $HIP/... or $JOB/... if I change it to absolute it works.''
    Maybe you could give this a try.

Let us know if that works!

Comment

I updated to v9.3, and tried both the absolute and relative options with the same result. Is there another option that I might have misssed?

Comment

Any suggestions on how to get SpeedTree trees into Houdini 19.5? I've been using the .obj option, but I haven't been able to get materials onto the trees in Solaris when I import those, and I haven't been able to find out why yet.

Comment

Working...
        X