Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenGL crash (I assume)

Hi guys,

I upgraded my Mac Pro with an EVGA GTX 680 FTW recently and it has been a great card. Unfortunately, SpeedTree refuses to work with it and freezes my system. I do have the newest drivers installed (GPU Driver Version: 1.3.4.0 (304.00.05f02) and CUDA Driver Version: 5.0.37). When I start SpeedTree everything looks normal, but as soon as I open a scene or create a new one the preview part goes all crazy (see image below).
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Grab.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	3214

So far so good. Interface is still responsive. But as soon as I click into the OpenGL preview and try to navigate (to refresh the screen in the hopes it helps anything) my system freezes and becomes unresponsive. Mouse pointer still works, but I cannot interact with anything. If I am really patient (measured in minutes) I get control again an can quit SpeedTree. But usually I end up rebooting the machine.

The console spits out a lot of these errors
    Code:
    SpeedTree Modeler Studio[PID]: invalid drawable
    I should mention that I am running Maya, modo, Nuke, DaVinci Resolve, Octane Render and a few games without problems. General performance seems pretty stable and fast.

Any ideas?

Hello,

We've had a number of reports of Macs with certain graphics cards not working well with multisampling. We're not sure why, and we haven't been able to reproduce it to fix it yet

To work around it, go to the render tab in the preferences (from the edit menu). Set multisampling to disabled. Then try and open a tree window. Hopefully this will fix it for you for the time being.

Comment

Perfect. That did it! Thank you for this fix. While not as nice to look at, it is heaps and bounds better then not being able to work at all.

Comment

Working...
      X