Problem with billboards stretching

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with billboards stretching

I am having an issue with a specific object model. When the object switches to its billboard, it is being stretched at strange angles and pulsating almost as if it is being affected by the wind. This is hard to describe, so I am attaching images. All other foliage has been removed from the scene in order to make the issue more obvious.

These images show the 3D model, then the stretching issue as the camera is moved away and positioned at different angles. I have not seen this issue on other similar models, and cannot find any obvious reason for it in the model or textures. Any idea what could cause this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	3224Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot2.jpg
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	3225Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot3.jpg
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	3226Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot4.jpg
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	3227

That is exactly what it looks like - something going wrong with wind (or the vertex shader in general). When you compile it, be sure that you are using the same settings as everything else.

Are you using the shaders we generate, or are you using your own shaders? Are you sure the shader constants are being updated correctly?

Comment

Yes, this hedge is actually compiled with 5 others that share the same atlas, same settings. Those all render correctly, I removed them from the forest file to isolate the problem.

We are using custom versions of your shaders. I'll check with our developer and ask about shader constants. Maybe that will spark something with him (it's out of my area of expertise).

Comment

If you get more information, please email to support@speedtree.com. This forum is more for SpeedTree Cinema/Studio/Architect users.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Croft View Post
          If you get more information, please email to support@speedtree.com. This forum is more for SpeedTree Cinema/Studio/Architect users.
          It must have been an out of range setting in the wind. I restored the wind to the default and the objects render fine. So then I refined from there. A-OK.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X