Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virus Warning

Hi,

I bought Speed Tree today und downloaded it via the official link. During install, avast Antivirus reports, that the obj-exporter contains

Win32:Evo-gen[susp]

It interrupts the install porcess, too. Unfortunately , avast did not allow me to establish an exception rule for this file. I think I have to disable the virus scanner completely.

Before doing so, I would like to ask if anyone had the same issue. I think it is a false alarm but I would like to be sure.

Kind regards

Carsten

Hello,

We'll check it out. Which version of SpeedTree did you purchase?

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

I purchased Speedtree Studio for Windows.

Windows 7 Pro Sp1, Avast Antirvirus 2014.9.0.2021 with latest Virus Database.

Comment

Hello,

I get the same warning. It appears to be a false positive. My suggestion is to suspend Avast's active protection and install the program. Once the install is complete you can reactivate Avast's active protection. Upon scanning the SpeedTree Studio install folder you will see that Avast finds no threat with the installation.

Comment

Thank you for checking out this issue and confirming the false positive.

Comment

Hello,
            I've got the same problem with avast but norton keeped silence. I think avast sometimes too paranoid. Maybe i need just to change avast

Comment

Working...
            X