Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wind Rolling not exporting

Hi,
    I work for an animation studio that is considering using Speed tree and I have been testing the evaluation version.
    One of our main needs is to be able to export wind animations from speedTree to Maya but I have found a problem, the wind does not have the same appearance in Maya as it has in speedTree. It seems that the main reason is that the Rolling of the wind is not being exported.
    Is this a known issue that is already being fixed, or if not, could it be fixed in relatively short time?

Thanks for your time,
    Pablo.
    Last edited by ciclopez; 04-23-2015, 04:48 AM.

Hi Pablo,

It is a known issue, but I've logged it again to be looked into. Unfortunately, we don't have a time frame for when it will be addressed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

Hi Dave,

Jumping in this thread as well as I am encountering this in a big way on a current project. For me I am working on a specific directional gust effect and the export is barely similar. In my case, I'm using a Wind Anchor and Directional (palm frond style) and this (among other things) appears to not come across in either FBX or Alembic export.

I'm using Speedtree 7.0.5 on Windows 7 (will test again with 7.1.4 when I can have it installed here).

If this is a known issue, is there a list of wind parameters that do not export properly so I might work around them?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Dave Ohlman View Post
      Hi Pablo,

It is a known issue, but I've logged it again to be looked into. Unfortunately, we don't have a time frame for when it will be addressed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

Working...
      X