Speedtree modeler for UE 4 freezing randomly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedtree modeler for UE 4 freezing randomly

This happens with one tree only so far, I haven't really investigated it further.
    It happens always when I save the tree also. I have to kill the process and restart the modeler in order to continue working.

Is there a log file somewhere I could post?

Edit: version is 7.1.1, the modeler for UE 4. OS is windows 8.1 64 bit. GFX card is 570 GTX and I'm running the latest drivers.

Hey there,

Is the Modeler crashing or is it hanging? Does the problem tree have a high-poly count? Sometimes with very high-poly trees, the Modeler can take a while and it appears that it's not doing anything, but it's just taking a while to save the tree. If you wish, you can send the tree to us so we can take a look at it. Use the "Save as with assets..." option from the file menu into a new folder, zip the folder, and send it to [email protected].

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Ohlman View Post
      Hey there,

Is the Modeler crashing or is it hanging? Does the problem tree have a high-poly count? Sometimes with very high-poly trees, the Modeler can take a while and it appears that it's not doing anything, but it's just taking a while to save the tree. If you wish, you can send the tree to us so we can take a look at it. Use the "Save as with assets..." option from the file menu into a new folder, zip the folder, and send it to [email protected].

Regards
      It freezes as in the process doesn't respond upon save. CPU usage of the process is about 15%. Tri-count of tree is about 30k.
      I just noticed that saving freezes if I add the "twigs" node to my main branch node. I'll try sending the tree that doesn't have the twigs node.

Comment

Working...
      X