Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welding Spread - Sides?

Hi,
    Maybe there is a reason, but I am a bit surprised, that I can not spread welds sideways. Only above and below a branch. Any reason for that?

Cheers,
    A

Hi,

You can make the base of the branch fatter by using the Radius property and it's Blue curve. There isn't a side to side because of the probability of weld failing because it goes past the parent branch radius. Using the radius property should be enough to get the look needed. You can also try the 'Skin' -> 'Squash' property and rotating that.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Yes, that true, I tried that. It is usually good enough and the best known solution, although what it does shows attached screenshots (red line). What I would like to achieve shows green line.
      I am aware that what I try to achieve is child branch of a thickness nearly of its parent, while for such cases split probably is a better option. Thing is, that idea about splitting came later on from team and I wanted avoid backtracking.

I know it is nit picking. Sorry about that, just though would be cool to have it. Extra freedom and control over welds.

Best regards,
      Artur

Comment

Comment

Working...
        X