Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpeedTree for unity and RenderPipeline

Hello,

In Unity, I change my settings as Lightweight render pipeline , now All trees are pink. Is there any solution for shaders. or alternatif shader to use in unity with renderpipeline ?
    Thanks.

Could we have some overall on how Speedtree 8.2 works with other Unity Render Pipelines (i.e. the LWRP and the HDRP).
    In particular - can you give an indication for when the HDRP will be fully supported?
    Thanks you as well. :-)

Comment

Hello,

You can switch the shaders used in SpeedTree materials to the HDRP/LWRP lit shader, though note you will currently lose wind effects when you do that.

We are consulting with Unity to provide a SpeedTree node you can use in the shader graph, which should allow you to do pretty much anything you want in the future. I do not currently have a timeline for that, unfortunately.

Comment

Hi,

We are currently testing HDRP for one of our upcoming project. We know the renderer is still in preview but the current limitation with the shader is forcing us to stick with the default renderer right now. W

Comment

Greg Croft

Hello, we followed the work around. Its working well except for one things. We cannot find what is causing parts of the trunks and branches to turn black or with screwed UVs. Any idea what could be the cause?

Click image for larger version  Name:	BlackFacesBug.png Views:	3 Size:	602.3 KB ID:	6275

Update:

If we use the unlit shader, the UV arent skewed. The black comes from the normal map on these patches of UVs.
          Last edited by Julinoleum; 02-26-2019, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Here it is with the conifer sample tree:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Speedtree8_Unity_Bug.gif
Views:	875
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	6277

Comment

Hi,

Would you mind sending us a screenshot of your 'Export Settings' from the ST modeler and what your lighting settings are? I was unable to recreate the issue by creating a new project and using Unity's HDRP sample file.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by SoniaPiasecki View Post
                Hi,

Would you mind sending us a screenshot of your 'Export Settings' from the ST modeler and what your lighting settings are? I was unable to recreate the issue by creating a new project and using Unity's HDRP sample file.

Thanks!

Hello!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Export To Unity3D.png
Views:	1128
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	6280

Here are the settings. Also, we're using HDRP 4.9.0

It also did that in a fresh project with a directional light.

Comment

Would you mind also sending a screen shot of your materials in the Unity project?

Comment

Screenshot of the bark material.
                    It's the only one causing flickering stretched UVs and black spots, the other materials are fine after following the steps detailed here: https://store.speedtree.com/the-stat...NZjZ6n6cZubG4k

Click image for larger version  Name:	04.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.3 KB ID:	6287

This is using the conifer example tree in an empty new project using Unity 2018.3.6f1 in HDRP.
                    The lighting setup is a single directional light.
                    Switching the material to ''Unlit'' fixes the UV stretching and black spots.
                    Made sure to disable SRGB on the mask map and import the normal map as a normal map.

Here's a screenshot of the materials remaped:

Click image for larger version  Name:	02.png Views:	0 Size:	70.3 KB ID:	6288
                    Last edited by SimonTG; 02-27-2019, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Would you mind also sending a screen shot of your materials in the Unity project?
                      What Simon said. I was too busy to reply

Comment

I apologize I haven't been able to reproduce this. However, I logged this for a developer to look into it.

Comment

SoniaPiasecki
                          Maybe we can send you the asset somehow?

We could send you our test in the empty project see if you have the same problem when you open it?

Comment

Sure, send us the exported asset that you are using in Unity. Just zip it and send it to [email protected].

Comment

Sure, send us the exported asset that you are using in Unity. Just zip it and send it to [email protected].
                              Sent you a link to download a copy of a blank Unity 2018 HDRP project with the conifer example tree imported where the bug is apparent.

Comment

Working...
                              X