X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Julinoleum
    replied
    KatLeeHong

We have been able to work around the flickering problem with a custom shader but for some reason, the problem only happen on roots and branches. Depending of the shader, we get either a black screen that take all the screens when we navigate near the tree or a strange pattern of topology like in this screenshot:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard - 4 d
Views:	158
Size:	957.3 KB
ID:	7880

When we get rid of the branches and root, the trunk is okay and the problem is gone.

Leave a comment:

• arno.bax
    replied
    Will there be support for global illumination and SSS inside speedtree 8 shaders for the Universal Render Pipeline? As the shaders are already working I can't really use them because of the impossible to work with lighting conditions.

Leave a comment:

• Julinoleum
    replied
    KatLeeHong Hi,

No, right now im on 2019.3 with the latest HDRP.

the flickering happen when you apply a normal on a trunk. I tried on leaves and it was okay. Following that, I tried different normal maps and on different trees and it all caused the same issue.

Leave a comment:

• KatLeeHong
    replied
    Hey Julinoleum : are you still using Unity 2018.3.6f1 and the settings you've sent previously? I'd like to try to replicate the issue you're having but want to be sure I have all the information I need to accurately test it.
    (There is a possibility this is an issue related to a graphics card but I'd like to test before coming to any conclusions.)

As to your second question: we are working towards a solution with Unity and, as a result of the collaborative effort, we cannot give a guesstimate as to when a stable solution will be available. Currently we are waiting on further developments to contribute to.

Leave a comment:

• Julinoleum
    replied
    Hello SoniaPiasecki

We put HDRP aside for a moment and now Im trying with the new version. The flickering bug is different now, its affecting the whole screen, it turns black when a normal map is plugged in the lit material.

Do you have any update on the official support of speedTree in HDRP now that its getting closer to official release?

Leave a comment:

• SoniaPiasecki
    replied
    Hi,

We are still working on this, however, you can follow the set-up steps for the HDRP pipeline by switching to the Standard shader and then changing to the LWRP.

Sorry I don't have better news!

Leave a comment:

• arno.bax
    replied
    SoniaPiasecki Any updates on this subject and can we expect a roadmap at this moment. especially for the lightweight render pipeline.

Leave a comment:

• SoniaPiasecki
    replied
    Hi,

Unfortunately we have been swamped with work and haven't been able to spend time on this particular issue. We will be sure to post once we do.

Thank you for your patience!

Leave a comment:

• Julinoleum
    replied
    SoniaPiasecki Hello, did your team found something ? We havent heard from since

Leave a comment:

• SimonTG
    replied
    Originally posted by SoniaPiasecki View Post
    Sure, send us the exported asset that you are using in Unity. Just zip it and send it to [email protected].
    Sent you a link to download a copy of a blank Unity 2018 HDRP project with the conifer example tree imported where the bug is apparent.

Leave a comment:

• SoniaPiasecki
    replied
    Sure, send us the exported asset that you are using in Unity. Just zip it and send it to [email protected].

Leave a comment:

• Julinoleum
    replied
    SoniaPiasecki
    Maybe we can send you the asset somehow?

We could send you our test in the empty project see if you have the same problem when you open it?

Leave a comment:

• SoniaPiasecki
    replied
    I apologize I haven't been able to reproduce this. However, I logged this for a developer to look into it.

Leave a comment:

• Julinoleum
    replied
    Originally posted by SoniaPiasecki View Post
    Would you mind also sending a screen shot of your materials in the Unity project?
    What Simon said. I was too busy to reply

Leave a comment:

• SimonTG
    replied

Screenshot of the bark material.
    It's the only one causing flickering stretched UVs and black spots, the other materials are fine after following the steps detailed here: https://store.speedtree.com/the-stat...NZjZ6n6cZubG4k

Click image for larger version  Name:	04.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.3 KB ID:	6287

This is using the conifer example tree in an empty new project using Unity 2018.3.6f1 in HDRP.
    The lighting setup is a single directional light.
    Switching the material to ''Unlit'' fixes the UV stretching and black spots.
    Made sure to disable SRGB on the mask map and import the normal map as a normal map.

Here's a screenshot of the materials remaped:

Click image for larger version  Name:	02.png Views:	0 Size:	70.3 KB ID:	6288
    Last edited by SimonTG; 02-27-2019, 11:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X