Unity Modeler export overwrites textures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unity Modeler export overwrites textures

I exported several speedtrees only to find out later that the export overwrote some of the textures. Example: Willow and Birch both have Bark_1_Color. So in the end my Willow had a Birch texture. What's a good approach to resolve this? I would have thought that there'd be an export option to export the files into dedicated subfolders, but couldn't find any.

Sometimes you want multiple trees in one folder, and sometimes you don't. We can't know. I would suggest to make separate directories yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Croft View Post
      Sometimes you want multiple trees in one folder, and sometimes you don't. We can't know. I would suggest to make separate directories yourself.
      But you know if you use the same filename for files of a tree in other trees as well. And that's the problem when I use trees I purchased from your store.

I suggest to make a checkbox in the exporter which specifies whether you want to have all trees put into the specified folder or in a dedicated, automatically created subfolder. That would be really nice and not hard to implement

Another option would be if you specify an invalid path that the path is generated optionally if it doesn't exist. Currently you get an error.
      Last edited by Rowlan; 02-03-2019, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X