Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the chances of trees being updated?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the chances of trees being updated?

Especially the Sierra Redwood? The Redwood is a big tree, you have to make it big in the game. The problem is that the speedtree version does look really, really bad.

This is how the Hero version looks like in the modeler and also in the game of course directly after the import:

Click image for larger version  Name:	sr modeler.jpg Views:	0 Size:	62.6 KB ID:	6102

And this is how it should look like:

Click image for larger version  Name:	sr photo.jpg Views:	0 Size:	112.2 KB ID:	6103

It should be rounder and the texture should definitely not be randomly twisted around, it should be straight. Closer example:

Click image for larger version  Name:	sr 2.jpg Views:	2 Size:	66.3 KB ID:	6104

I do like most of the v8 speedtrees, but this one is a huge disappointment. Will the tree ever be updated or is this the final state? Or is there something I can do in the modeler? The bark textures are 1024x4096, I don't think that will work for this kind of tree.

Thank you very much for your feedback!

Last edited by Rowlan; 02-11-2019, 01:07 AM.

Hi Rowlan, we do often update our trees for issues and I'd be happy to take a look at the redwood in our lineup. Until then you are free to edit the shape displacement and trunk to get a straighter trunk.

Comment

Cool, thank you! I'm looking forward to it. The Redwood is one big signature tree imo. Sticking out, showing off. Please do let me know your findings. By the way, I just toyed around with a different texture, i. e. a higher resolution one. That tree definitely needs it, higher resolution works

Comment

Originally posted by SarahScruggs View Post
        Hi Rowlan, we do often update our trees for issues and I'd be happy to take a look at the redwood in our lineup. Until then you are free to edit the shape displacement and trunk to get a straighter trunk.
        add-on question: is there an option to get notified via mail when a tree i purchased gets updated?

Comment

Hi Rowlan, I'll post here!

Comment

Thank you! Here's an example I made with Unity to visualize the problem:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1953.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	6124

The stretchyness sticks out and kills the scene. It should be crisp and high resolution.

Comment

Any news on this? The trees in their current state are unusable, that was a waste of money.

Comment

Hi,

We plan to update the tree, however, it is taking longer than we hoped. In the meantime, we will happily refund your money for the product. If you can just e-mail us at support@speedtree.com, we can take care of that.

Comment

Working...
                X