Broken mesh at export

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken mesh at export

This is my first post and regards an olive mesh I made in Lightwave, exported as obj and imported in ST studio. The vertices were merged in LW, but in the exported ST branch object the olives are torn apart.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?
    Attached Files

Hi,

I have never encountered this issue, would you mind sending me a zipped folder with the .SPM file with all it's assets and the mesh with the issue after you exported it?

Thanks!

Comment

No luck finding out what goes wrong?

Comment

Hello,

It looks like your mesh has some really tiny triangles down at the bottom. When exporting animations for Maya, it goes crazy with degenerate or even just tiny triangles, so we have a step during export that removes them. We're constantly adjusting those tolerances to find the best balance between loading correctly in Maya and not screwing up the mesh too much for everything else, but it looks like your mesh is right at the cusp since some are removed and some are not.

If you restitch your mesh to avoid those really skinny triangles, you'll be able to work around the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Comment

Thanks Greg. Good to know how this works, and I'll take it into account when working on something else.

Comment

Working...
          X