Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [BUG] Export Alembic -> scale -1 on x axis = mirror trees

Hello Speedtree team,

An artist reported me a bug today. With Speedtree Cinema 7.1.1 under Linux, when exporting the tree in Alembic file format, when re uploading the .abc in Maya the tree appears mirrored. Looks like there's a scale -1 on the x axis and 180 degrees rotation. This issue seems to be only for Alembic export, the .obj is working.
    I put a screenshot as example, so you can see that, in the Maya scene, the obj tree is correct and the alembic one is mirrored.

Thanks for you help!
    Caro
    Attached Files

Hi Caro,

We've been able to reproduce the issue. It has been logged to look into. Is it causing you trouble presently? If so, shoot us a message at [email protected].

Regards

Comment

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your quick answer.
      So far, the artist managed to skirt the problem by inverting the Maya scene because he's still testing. There is a big scene coming soon in the pipeline so he is waiting for a fix, but yet this is not blocking him.
      I'll let him know you're working on it!

Have a good day

Comment

Hello, Dave

I'm experiencing the same problem and was wondering if there is a fix for this problem yet or a workaround ?

software edition:
        SpeedTree v7.1.6 (studio edition)

Comment

Hi David,

It is a known bug. The issue will be fixed in the next version of SpeedTree, but we don't currently have a workaround for it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards

Comment

Working...
          X