Strange Issue - SpeedTree 8.3 - HDRP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Issue - SpeedTree 8.3 - HDRP

Hi Guys, I'm having this issue in the Editor and Game Mode.

Watch Video: http://eduardoroacg.com/downloads/fo...ee/issue_1.mp4

There is some flickering in the mesh. If the material has the normal map that SpeedTree provide there some black issue, but if I set the normal map to "none", the issue is still visible, look like there is another mesh in the Branch with other UV, that is causing some Z-Fight??.. I don't know.

is there any parameter in Unity Modeler that could help to avoid this, or is it a bug?.

I finally get the shape that I want in the tree but the only thing is this issue.

Regards
    Eduardo

Hi,

We are having trouble replicating this issue. What graphics card are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by SoniaPiasecki View Post
      Hi,

We are having trouble replicating this issue. What graphics card are you using?

Hi.

I have NVIDIA Geforce 750GTXti, and I'm using Unity 2018.3.0f2 (64-bit) with HDRP 4.10.0

Regards
      Eduardo

Comment

Would you mind sending us your tree and your Unity project file? This will help us try to debug this issue.

You can send it to support@speedtree.com

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by SoniaPiasecki View Post
          Would you mind sending us your tree and your Unity project file? This will help us try to debug this issue.

You can send it to support@speedtree.com

Thanks!
          Done I sent the files via email. Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your tree. Using it, I was able to reproduce this inside Unity when using HDRP and the lit shader.

I don't think there is anything in particular wrong with the export, though. The same tree works fine in the old standard pipeline. I looked through all the data in your .st file anyway, and I didn't see anything amiss right off.

Also, I noticed if I make my own shader using the shader graph, all the problems go away (see below). So this is one avenue you have to get things working for the time being. The only tricky part with the shader graph is the channels from the mask texture. I included a pic showing the correct attachment. Then, you can use this as your shader for SpeedTrees instead of HDRP/Lit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tree_compare.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	6581
            Click image for larger version

Name:	shader_graph.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	6582

The question still remains why this occurs with HDRP/Lit. I will ping some Unity engineers and see if they have any ideas.

Sorry for any inconvenience

Comment

Good thanks! .. Actually I have a custom shader for the leaves, and I didn't think to test using a custom shader in the bark, but I did as you and work ok .

Thanks
              Eduardo

Comment

Working...
              X