Speedtree 8 to Unity: Seams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedtree 8 to Unity: Seams

Is there anything that needs to be done in order for the visuals to carry over from the Speedtree 8 Modeler to Unity? I'm noticing there isn't any feathering of the seams occurring inside of Unity (first image) versus the Speedtree Modeler like so:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture01.png
Views:	101
Size:	668.0 KB
ID:	6560

Name:	Capture02.png
Views:	58
Size:	805.1 KB
ID:	6561

These visuals occur at every weld point.

Additionally, I'm seeing that there are some extra geometry pieces that don't export too. Such as the branch stumps, cavities, etc.

As a sanity check, I went through the export process just now and made sure the options to include variations and seam blends were checked.

Comment

Hi,

I am unable to replicate this issue, are you by chance using the ST Cinema version modeler? If so, then the tree exports won't work well with Unity and UE4, and they also won't include games wind and LOD. I would suggest using the ST modeler for Unity.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by SoniaPiasecki View Post
        Hi,

I am unable to replicate this issue, are you by chance using the ST Cinema version modeler? If so, then the tree exports won't work well with Unity and UE4, and they also won't include games wind and LOD. I would suggest using the ST modeler for Unity.

Hope this helps!
        Thanks for the reply SoniaPiasecki.

Currently using Speedtree Modeler for Unity version 8.3.0. Exporting to Unity 2018.3.9f. Using the Oak Holm Desktop 1 Field tree for games.

Comment

Now I feel like I am going crazy: I started a new project and tried it all again and found the seams to be working as they should

However, there is still a problem with some of the geometry not exporting from ST Modeler to Unity as circled in red for example:

Name:	Capture.png
Views:	66
Size:	565.0 KB
ID:	6571

Comment

Hi,

The caps and knots not exporting and importing correctly into Unity is a known issue. We just released a new build (Dev build 8.4) which has the fix. You can get this version of the Unity modeler by logging into your store account.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Hi,

The caps and knots not exporting and importing correctly into Unity is a known issue. We just released a new build (Dev build 8.4) which has the fix. You can get this version of the Unity modeler by logging into your store account.

Hope this helps!
              Excellent! I will check this out!

Comment

For anyone who comes across this and has a similar problem, I think it was caused when I upgraded from Unity 2018.2 to 2018.3 and something got mixed up in the process. Starting fresh helped resolve this.

Comment

Hi,

Hope this helps!
                  SoniaPiasecki at one point I thought I saw the ability to download the development build. But I am no longer seeing it from my account page. Has it been removed, or am I not looking for it in the right area?

Comment

Working...
                  X