Length curve in relation to Trunk, or skip number of predecessors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Length curve in relation to Trunk, or skip number of predecessors

I added roots to the little branches, and I need them to be very long but not penetrate the ground. I can adjust the length curve but it affect the length in relation to the parent (little branches) and not to the trunk. I want to have them shorter at the bottom and very long higher up. Is there a way to skip a "generation", a sort of curve in relation to an earlier predecessor, or skip a number of predecessors?
    Attached Files

Hi,

The easiest way to remove or prevent any branches from intersecting the ground is to use the 'Prune' -> 'Ground' property. In the Branch generators -> 'Spine' group, there is a sub-section named 'Prune'. There you'll find a 'Ground' option which will remove any branches that intersect the ground plane. You will want to enable this on any of the branch generators that have branches intersecting the ground.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Just wanted to add here that the green parent curve has a drop down that will let you change the generation level that it's referencing. You can read about that here: http://docs8.speedtree.com/modeler/doku.php?id=kccurves

Comment

Working...
      X