Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with export to Unity

Hello!

I am just starting to study SpeedTree (Unity Subscription Edition), version 8.3.0. Unity version 2019.1.
    When I try to export tree model to scene in a unity project, the engine does not recognize ".st" file. Error:"
    File couldn't be read."
    Also the same problem with ".unitypackage" files and manually copied folders.
    But it is possible to add models from "
    Free SpeedTrees Package".
    The only solution I find is to create an empty project on root directory (
    "C:/"
    ). Then it is possible to save models there.
    I attached three images:
    1. Trees from free package, root directory
    2. Error with exported trees, custom directory
    3. Exported trees, root directory
    I suspect that the problem is a using a russian words in a path to destination folder.
    Is it possible to solve this problem?

Best regards, Dmitry.
    Attached Files

Hello,

Hrmm, I can't think of a reason why one path would work and another wouldn't.

Make sure you allow the export to finish completely before switching back to Unity (wherein it will attempt to load it). It could be you're switching back before it is done.

Comment

Thank you for advice, Greg.

Tried, don't work. The same problem and solution for SpeedTree when crate a material: it is necessary not to have a Russian words in a path to image for color, opacity, etc.

Else, I had error.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

The Modeler does have a few problems with unicode paths in the texture loading system. We'll be fixing that in the future.

But I expected that exporting and Unity's loading of the export should work fine. Seems not. I will log to look into it.

Comment

Hi!

I'm currently having a similar problem with exporting a model to unity.
          When I import it to Unity I get an error that says "File could not be read" and when I click on the file a whole bunch of other errors appears. It also states that the model is 100% culled.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (64).png
Views:	129
Size:	400.6 KB
ID:	7256

Name:	Screenshot (64).png
Views:	132
Size:	400.6 KB
ID:	7255

I tried using a older version of Unity, and didnt get the InvalidCastException error, but still got the "File could not be read" error:

Name:	Screenshot (62).png
Views:	128
Size:	182.5 KB
ID:	7257

These are the export settings Im using when exporting to Unity

Name:	Screenshot (65).png
Views:	131
Size:	292.2 KB
ID:	7258
          Attached Files