SpeedTree model corruption inside Unity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpeedTree model corruption inside Unity

Hi Forum. I am currently facing an issue trying to export my asset to Unity.

The Model looks perfectly fine inside SpeedTree's Editor, but when it is exported to Unity it looks deformed.

I have bought this Tree Asset from SpeedTree's Games Library. Performed a few tweaks on my on to make it best suited for the Project I am working on.

Is there any way that I can fix this issue? Thx in advance!

HI Kyozon,
    The asset you've acquired is a vfx tree and not modeled for real-time use without some significant editing. The error is likely from the tree being too high in poly count. Could you clip your export settings for us?

Comment

Hello Sarah, here follows the Export Settings.

It is strange because the Tree I've ordered was listed under the Games Library on the SpeedTree Store. An user on Discord reported he has the same Tree Asset as well but it is working very nicely with his updated Unreal Engine Editor.

Thx!

Comment

Hey Kyozon!

I've gone in and looked at the asset you purchased and can verify that you have accidentally bought the Cinema Giant Timber bamboo.

If you'd like to receive a refund for that purchase, we'd be happy to issue you one so that you could purchase either the Hero Giant Timber (https://store.speedtree.com/store/ba..._giant_timber/) or Desktop Giant Timber (https://store.speedtree.com/store/ba...iant-timber-2/) instead!

Comment

Originally posted by KatLeeHong View Post
          Hey Kyozon!

I've gone in and looked at the asset you purchased and can verify that you have accidentally bought the Cinema Giant Timber bamboo.

If you'd like to receive a refund for that purchase, we'd be happy to issue you one so that you could purchase either the Hero Giant Timber (https://store.speedtree.com/store/ba..._giant_timber/) or Desktop Giant Timber (https://store.speedtree.com/store/ba...iant-timber-2/) instead!
          Thank you Kat. I would accept it and look for the model that is supported on Unity 2019.2. Unfortunately the project I am working on at the moment relies heavily on this tree model so I will attempt to purchase the ones you have linked.

Comment

kyozon I have submitted a refund for the cinema model you purchased. Let us know if you have any other issues!

Comment

Hello Kat. I have purchased the Desktop Giant Timber and for some reason I am still having exporting errors on Unity. Is there something that I maybe missing? I have followed this tutorial for HDRP: https://store.speedtree.com/the-stat...hdrp-pipeline/ closely step by step and honestly not sure on what is causing this issue.

Here follows my Current Configuration in case it helps debugging it.

SpeedTree for Unity 8.4.1 -64 Bit.
              Windows 10 Pro - Version 1903 - (OS Build 18362.239)
              Unity Game Engine - Version 2019.2.1f1

Attached are all the Files relevant to the issue, including a video that I have recently posted on YouTube regarding an issue to do with the Tree Model turning my Screen Black momentarely, and then after removing the Tree Asset from the scene the issue is no longer present.

Video: https://youtu.be/yNK-ym5JmYY

Hope there might be a fix to this!

Thx!

Comment

kyozon That is unusual; we'll log the bug with our engineers and take a look at what might be causing the issue.

Comment

kyozon That is unusual; we'll log the bug with our engineers and take a look at what might be causing the issue.
                  Thank you for looking at it!

Comment

Hello Kat. Do you have any updates on this issue?

Thx!

Comment

KatLeeHong Hello, are there any updates on this issue?

Thx!

Comment

kyozon, I've tried to replicate the bug but have not yet been successful. I'm sorry that I haven't been able to make headway on this particular bug you're having.

Comment

kyozon, I've tried to replicate the bug but have not yet been successful. I'm sorry that I haven't been able to make headway on this particular bug you're having.
                          Thank you Kat. I have realized that Tree Models with more than 50K Polygons are breaking up upon exporting them directly to Unity. As long as you keep them below 50K it seems to work fine in terms of appearance.

But now there is an new issue, it seems like the SpeedTree Models are not reacting to the Wind Zone with HDRP. Is there any solution as to how I may fix this? Thanks!

Comment

kyozon I'm glad that you've found the source of the issue! I apologize that I could not be better help in diagnosing it!

As to the HDRP export: unfortunately, it has been discovered that you lose wind functionality when exporting using the HDRP workaround.

Until the work on the SpeedTree node in Unity's shader graph has been finished, we are unable to fix this particular issue.

We hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
                            X