Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is speedtree unity only limited to 50k tris when exporting to unity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is speedtree unity only limited to 50k tris when exporting to unity?

Why is speedtree only limited to export 50k tris or less to Unity without getting broken?
    This is like a really really annoying cap as it is really low, what if i am making some high end visuals in unity.
    It is just stupid that in 2020 the tri count can only be this high. The exporter doesn't even give you a warning or information about this.
    I can import millions and millions of polygons in Unity if i would like to. Or an high 3d car model and such. But with speedtree only about 25k polygons (50k tris).
    Why would you even cap the count in the first place, why not let the user choose depending on my needs.

Hello,

There is no built-in limit during export. The limit is due to a bug in the importer in Unity, where a single draw call hits the size of a short integer (65536). But we have discussed this with Unity engineers, and as far as I know, the limit will be fixed in the near future.

Comment

Greg Croft Thank you for your quick respons!
      I already thought that it was something from unity's side. Hope they will fix it soon because that is a huge let down.

Comment

Working...
      X