Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UE4 Wind Flickering on Instances

Hey Speedtree,

I recently started experimenting with removing/adding instances dynamically at runtime and I have found any shader using your window causes visual glitching across all instances when one is removed, scaled, or relocated in any way. Is there any way to (likely via code) remove what could be causing this? I assume its linked to some form of bounding related calculation somewhere that changes but I can't be super sure. Its like any time an instance is removed, the wind cycle/calculation gets completely removed and restarts. I looked and saw some previous frame data was getting used so maybe its in there but any advice would be greatly appreciated as we love speedtree and would like to use your wind/trees on our project

Thanks!

Alex

Hi adracott : I'd be happy to investigate this bug, I just need a little more information. You mention that any shader using your window causes visual glitching across all instances when one is removed, scaled, or relocated. How do you mean? Could you provide a screenshot of what you're experiencing so we can get a clearer idea of how this bug is manifesting? Is the glitching temporary or does it remain in the scene permanently?

What version of Unreal Engine are you experiencing this bug in? What SpeedTrees are you using (did you create them or are they models from our library?) What are your SpeedTree export settings?

If it's a model you've created or modified, you can send it to us to test at [email protected] along with the details requested here.
    (To send a model: open model in SpeedTree modeler -> save as with assets into new folder -> zip and send along with requested details)

Comment

Hey KatLeeHong thanks for the fast reply. Will email and follow up

Last edited by adracott; 04-17-2020, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X