Delete branches based on height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delete branches based on height

It's one of those situations where you like everything at the top of the tree but some branches are too low. Yes I can play with the first/last or position under the gen tab but if I do so it will change the top part as well, I just want to KILL all the branches up to a certain height. So, I need to keep everything as is except some lower branches.
    I can use the roll, I can use the sweep, but there is always a trouble maker branch that starts low and grows towards the ground, when all the branches are expected to grow up (for that type of species).
    I do not want to delete manually.
    Last edited by vegipolygon; 04-28-2020, 08:32 AM.

Hello,
    In branch properties there are multiple methods of killing branches in specific areas. Starting with the generation and setting the first and last is a good practice and then heading to Spine> Prune in either interior, up, down, ect with a curve can knock out the branches at the top of the tree. Gen> Knockout is also an option. Check your start angle for anything that is pointing toward the ground if you do not want it to be or use downward prune.

Comment

Working...
    X