Speedtree Unity 5.6.x A2C implementation issue with code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedtree Unity 5.6.x A2C implementation issue with code

The speedtree shader for Unity 5.6.x seems to have either broken A2C or not implemented. Doing a side by side comparison, there is a lack of AA on the alpha clip. I've looked at the shader source and I cannot see "AlphaToMask on" anywhere in the shader or the include files.

I have seen other posts on the forum and the Unity forum speedtree optimization posts here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/spee...ations.317585/ and I am still having trouble with this issue.

Has anyone been able to solve this issue?

Glen

A2C doesn't work in all cases, mainly in a deferred rendering setup (unless you're on dx11).

Feel free to add it to the shader if you wish, as it does indeed help the alpha masks, especially on billboards.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Croft View Post
      A2C doesn't work in all cases, mainly in a deferred rendering setup (unless you're on dx11).

Feel free to add it to the shader if you wish, as it does indeed help the alpha masks, especially on billboards.
      Thanks for the quick reply. We are using Forward Rendering and we tried adding it to the Shader pass, but it still has no effect.

Glen

Comment

A2C only does anything different when multisampling on. Is that the case?

Other than that, I am unsure. Does it work in other shaders? If not, you might want to contact Unity about it.

Comment

Yes to MSAA. Tried as high as 8x but it has no effect. Custom shader that I made that uses A2C works. I will try and contact Unity and post any feedback I receive here. Thanks for the assistance Greg!

Comment

Working...
          X