Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nodes count more detailed

Hi,

I have had to QC a number of trees on my last job and on feature I would love to have is more detailed or more accurate node count on the graph that takes account of knockout or pruning, below is an example scene:

Click image for larger version  Name:	nodeCount1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	408.7 KB ID:	8650
    This is the conifer sample tree, looking at the twigs1 node it has 687 items and creates 4067 children Twigs2 node.

Click image for larger version  Name:	nodeCount2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	200.7 KB ID:	8651

So I have removed the option 'extend parent' 'any' in the generation tab and I have applied a prune down value of 1 that should in theory remove all twigs1 items and its children, I still have a node count of 650 twigs1 and 3362 children twigs2 despite seeing a twigless tree in my viewport.Which makes it a tad harder to assess if the tree needs optimising based on these numbers and the visual feedback.

Below is the result when I apply a knockout value of 1 instead of pruning. Similar result in terms of node count:

Click image for larger version  Name:	nodeCount3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	168.7 KB ID:	8652

So would it be possible to have a nodes count that reflect what is visible in the viewport rather than how many nodes have been generated ? Or alternatively a series of 2 numbers: the node count when generated and node count after pruning/knockout.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

hello, some of that information exists but in alternate places. If you click the ! icon in the generation window for example, you'll get a note and a count for items taken or pruned or lost because there is a missing material. The tree window text will display your leaf meshes before and after collision. I'll take a look at the knock out display as we continue forward and add it as a request!

Comment

is the ! button appearing when there is a error message or is it another button you are referring to ?

Comment

Working...
      X