Cannot find 'Combine all open models into the same atlas'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot find 'Combine all open models into the same atlas'

I have 6 different trees sharing same materials and meshes.
    I want them to share same atlas texture (1 texture) but can't see the merging option
    Everytime i export them individually, their atlas textures change. plz help

Hey Jisuk: in order to combine multiple models into the same atlas, you'll need to have all of the models you'd like to merge onto the same atlas texture open. Once they're all open in the modeler, go to export and you should see the checkbox option to "Combine all open models into the same atlas"

Hope that helps!

Comment

Does anyone know a good tool for combining multiple models with textures & uv's into one atlas? With texture-resizing and all the bells and whistles?

Kodi nox
      Last edited by amelneach; 02-26-2021, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post

Does anyone know a good tool for combining multiple models with textures & uv's into one atlas? With texture-resizing and all the bells and whistles?

Kodi nox
        As long as this pertains to Speedtree. It Currently has most of these functions. As KatLeeHong mentioned. Once you have to have all the files open. You will be able to Merge all of them together. Using the Check box under the Variations part of The Export window. There you will also have the ability to define Atlas size and much more. So the files that are referenced in the speed tree file can be separate files for easier work flow. If you wanted Atlased Textures and Meshes for branches to start with. Just make a Atlased texture. Then Create Clusters for your atlased branches. Cant help you when it comes to having atlased textures with tree trunks.
        Examples for doing this for Clusters.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIR6zpisaMM
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0RB6cpcGdk

Comment

Working...
        X