Radial leaf distribution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radial leaf distribution

Hello! I've just started poking at using this marvelous piece of software and I feel I am doing reasonably well so far. It's infinitely complex but very easy to get into after fiddling around for a while. The youtube channel is also very helpful.

My question is this, though. After looking at different kinds of trees there are those that have leaves distributed radially at the tips of their branches like i.e. a Kapok or Chestnut trees. How do you go about doing this when making a Cluster? I've spent a few hours fiddling around but I can't figure out how to do it aside from editing in Nodes mode and that becomes very tedious. Not to mention gets easily ruined . It's fine if the software can't do this of course but I thought I'd check!

Hey fabelwesen! Glad to hear the YouTube channel has been helpful!

To achieve the radial distribution of leaves, select the "phyllotaxy" option from the dropdown of your Gen settings in your leaf generator, then select "whorled"

Click image for larger version

Name:	Support_LeafDistribution.PNG
Views:	17
Size:	248.5 KB
ID:	10279

For more information relevant check out our docs on phyllotaxy (or leaf arrangement) and the leaf mesh generator.

You mentioned this in relation to making clusters. Since clusters are flat planes, you can replicate dimensionality by duplicating your leaf mesh generator and checking the box for "cross" in the duplicate.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions or if I didn't quite answer the one asked here.

Comment

Working...
    X