Struggling!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Struggling!

I recently bought some mangrove trees for my UE4 project but I've been having so many issues.

I needed some color variation in the trees so I decided to buy the modeler subscription since it said in the product description I could easily make changes to the bought models, turns out these trees are old and use legacy generators.
    Without upgrading to the new generators I cant export dynamic LOD's or use the seasons slider. When I upgrade the generators it totally messes the tree shape up and increases triangle count by 50% the material is also messed up.

Now I have to remodel the drop-in ready trees and I'm having trouble with dark marks in the leaves of the trees in UE4, the trees I bought don't have the dark marks but when I export them from the modeler they all do. The issue isn't lighting
    in UE4 since the drop-in ready trees don't have them. Are there lighting settings I should change in the modeler? I've messed around with all the lighting settings but none seem to make a difference.

The tree on the right is the drop-in ready tree, the three on the left are the ones with dark marks.

Any help appreciated, I'm not an expert modeler and not very experienced with Speedtree.( Screenshots attached )
    Attached Files

Nobody got any possible solutions? I've tried everything the dark marks still persist. I've tried multiple other speedtree trees, but none have this issue.

Comment

You can try to boost subsurface color in your unreal engine material with a multiply node.

Comment

Originally posted by Karsten View Post
        You can try to boost subsurface color in your unreal engine material with a multiply node.
        Thanks, I managed to sort of solve the issue by using speedtree v7 and exporting it from there, that way no dark marks appear.

Comment

Originally posted by Karsten View Post
          Thanks for your suggestion, with some changes in subsurface color in the modeler itself I've gotten the darks marks gone.

Comment

Hello!
            ​ If you don't want to use any of the new features of 8, you could export from the SpeedTree 7 modeler with your changes. It's available in your downloads and might save you some time.

​If you'd like to use the features of 8, you'd have to do the upgrade route or look into using trees marked for v8. What I think may be happing from a lighting perspective is the upgraded trees have not been set with subsurface. If you have a 0 in the value for a subsurface amount, you might be exporting a black texture there. The second thing to check is your normal lighting. Are backface normals on?

Comment

Working...
            X