X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About growth animation

Hello, I'm using Speedtree games 8.5.1.

I want to animate a model using growth.
    If the model is completely inside Modeler, it will animate perfectly, but if I bring in a mesh from outside Modeler and use Stitch to add trunks and branches, the model will not animate.

Is there any way to fix this?

Hi Ryk!
    First thing: growth animations are unfortunately not for real time use. It's a feature for VFX (Cinema use) but the growth animation will not export for games use.
    Secondly, Growth and photogrammetry stitched trees are unfortunately not compatible at this time. It is something on the drawing board for development, but sorry for the bad news there! A work around is to craft a trunk behind your mesh. If the view of the tree is farther back, it's possible to hide the seams with some well placed branches and you can adjust the timing to keep more of the trunk steady and have the branches grow. Not the most perfect approach, but it would work in a pinch

Comment

Thanks for the answer.

I see, so meshes created with other tools do not support animation...

It seems that the animated data itself can be exported in Alembic format from Modeler.
      It seems that the animated data itself can be exported in Alembic format from Modeler, so if the game engine supports it, the animation itself can be used.

Comment

Working...
      X