Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tree is looking complete black in unreal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tree is looking complete black in unreal.

Hello,
    I made this tree in speedtree (game version). But it's looking complete black in unreal engine 4.26. At the same time it's looking completely good in UE5.
    I already had a conversation with the epic guys and even they couldn't figure out the exact problem and they suggested me to put it here.
    Please have a look at this asset.

Thank you.

Viinay The link you posted is generic (Just takes me to my own google drive). You may need to share the specific file if you're intending others look at it.

Comment

Sorry, my bad. Well, here's the link.
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LAP...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Hey

I'm not too familiar with Unreal, so I can only take a few shots in the dark here.
        Your output textures looks okay & your vertex-baked AO looks okay within Speedtree at least. A few things to look at -

Your at 261k tris, are you using a 32 bit triangle buffer? 16bit will cap out around 65k tris. Unreal may handle this automatically for you, not sure.
        Are you using baked lighting/ lightmaps? Does it appear correctly with real-time lights? I take it you're using Lumen in UE5.
        Last edited by Rcad Daniel; 11-11-2021, 09:17 PM.

Comment

I've had some dark trees in Unity HDRP, but discovered it was to do with my gloss map. Maybe something else for you but if you've tried everything else, maybe try changing that settings in ST just to see what happens?

Comment

Originally posted by Rcad Daniel View Post
            Hey

I'm not too familiar with Unreal, so I can only take a few shots in the dark here.
            Your output textures looks okay & your vertex-baked AO looks okay within Speedtree at least. A few things to look at -

Your at 261k tris, are you using a 32 bit triangle buffer? 16bit will cap out around 65k tris. Unreal may handle this automatically for you, not sure.
            Are you using baked lighting/ lightmaps? Does it appear correctly with real-time lights? I take it you're using Lumen in UE5.
            Yes. I'm using baked lighting and in lumen it looks perfectly fine.

Comment

Originally posted by jezelf View Post
              I've had some dark trees in Unity HDRP, but discovered it was to do with my gloss map. Maybe something else for you but if you've tried everything else, maybe try changing that settings in ST just to see what happens?
              I tried changing the gloss map too but no luck. I can't figure out what's the real problem here.

Comment

Hello, anyone got a solution ?

Comment

I really need help.

Comment

Working...
                  X