Branch angles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Branch angles

Hi, is there any way we can get the measurement of the angle in degree between each branch and its parent?

Hey
    suptimq
    suptimq, while we don't get measurements of the angle in degree, we do have the ability to set the branch's start angle under "Spine" settings between 0 and 1. Hopefully this is adequate for your purposes, though if it's not, let us know what you're trying to achieve and we can try to point you in the right direction for tools/features.

Comment

Hi, thanks for getting back! I was particularly interested in testing my computer vision algorithm using an artificially built tree. One of the things I would like to measure from my algorithm is the branch angle. So if there is any way that I can get the ground-truth of the branch angle, it would be amazing!

Comment

Hey
        suptimq
        suptimq, after checking with our engineers, it is unlikely we'll be able to provide you with this information in the modeler. If you can parse and read XML, you could try to get the spines and measure them yourself but I'd like to suggest an alternative approach.

You could start simple by setting all of your branch angles 90 degrees to test your algorithm before moving on to other angles and incorporating noise.

Sorry we can't provide you the information you were seeking; hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
        X