Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My leaf mesh breaks when importing to Unity.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My leaf mesh breaks when importing to Unity.

Hi, I am using the SpeedTree Unity Subscription, and everything goes fine until I reach the point of exporting my model. In the 2 first screenshots is how to original model looks like inside SpeedTree before starting to import into Unity, and the last one is how it looks once the model is imported to Unity. Looks like the mesh is broken, leaves are not showing. What could cause this issue? Thank you.

Hey
    game3dover
    game3dover: this appears to be a draw-call error that occurs on high poly trees. While the bug has been fixed it has not been backported as of yet. Lowering your tree's poly count may fix the error you're experiencing in the interim, even if just as a placeholder for the larger model in the future.
    Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by KatLeeHong View Post
      Hey
      game3dover
      game3dover: this appears to be a draw-call error that occurs on high poly trees. While the bug has been fixed it has not been backported as of yet. Lowering your tree's poly count may fix the error you're experiencing in the interim, even if just as a placeholder for the larger model in the future.
      Hope this helps!
      Thank you so much for your reply, after some research I saw that trees with more than 50.000 TRIS will cause this error. What I don't get is why this happens when exporting with the Unity/Unreal method, but not happening when exporting FBX or OBJ file. The bad thing is I can't use the FBX or OBJ because no wind will be exported.

Comment

game3dover
        game3dover Checking with our engineers I wanted to clarify: the bug that causes the leaf rendering issues is found in the Unity importer, not SpeedTree export, and it occurs with models over 64K vertices.

Comment

Working...
        X