only growing parts of a tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• only growing parts of a tree

so i have a tree, i want to make a growth animaiton but only for some of the branchs.
    so trunk and other branches are grown already but then some branchs grow when the timeline starts.

i tried using start% but it doesnt seem to do much...

thnaks!!

Hey Alham, did you run growth wizard? The best practices detailed in our documentation are a good place to start. With more specific information, I can try to help you achieve the effect you're going for.

Comment

Originally posted by KatLeeHong View Post
      Hey Alham, did you run growth wizard? The best practices detailed in our documentation are a good place to start. With more specific information, I can try to help you achieve the effect you're going for.
      hey, so yes I ran growth wizard and am fairly proffecient at creating growth with speed tree.

What I can't figure out is - so I have a trunk with 5 branch's (nad lots of branch's attached to those). What I want is for the trunk and 3 of the branches to already be fully grown, and the remaining 2 branchs to grow out.

​​​​​​TThank you!

​​​

Comment

Alham, under the "Growth" tab I recommend adjusting the "Speed Scale" profile curves of your fully grown trunk & branches to "Maximum" so that those components begin the animation fully formed. From there, adjust the settings on the growing branches until the animation looks right for your project.

The beginning of your timeline animation might still be empty but the grown components of your tree should appear fully formed before the remaining 2 branches grow out. Hope this helps!

Comment

Alham, under the "Growth" tab I recommend adjusting the "Speed Scale" profile curves of your fully grown trunk & branches to "Maximum" so that those components begin the animation fully formed. From there, adjust the settings on the growing branches until the animation looks right for your project.

The beginning of your timeline animation might still be empty but the grown components of your tree should appear fully formed before the remaining 2 branches grow out. Hope this helps!
          Hey so im trying to utilize this workflow. but even when setting the speedscale profile curves to max the branch's don't start fully grown....

Comment

this is frma 130, and see the paramters, and then look at one frame before (129)

Comment

this is one frame before (129) it just pops in..

Comment

ok so im finding that i need to start at a later frame ot have the peices grown, gronw.. but issue now is offsetting the other branchs to only start growing at frame 200..and this doenst seem to be working at all

Comment

Hey Alham: just to confirm, are you working in the v8 or v9 modeler? We were checking on this feature in both versions and found it to be more reliable in v9.

In v8 the fully grown components of the tree may pop in, but it should be in the first frame of animation rather than 129-130. I'm having some trouble seeing the pop between the frames posted here, I might need some help understanding your growth problem. What are the problems you're facing when you mention that they aren't working?

Are you intentionally starting the branch growth at frame 200? Could you share your growing branch generator growth settings?

Comment

hey im working in v9.

so whats in green should be 100% grown the whole time, what's in green should grow with the timeline.

im not intentaiolly starting at 200..i want to start from frame 1...

i also attachted the settings i have for al the nodes in green - i tried "paren"t and "in place" for the "timing style" but both didnt work.

when i say doesn't work. i mean branchs that have "max speed scale" pop in at different times along the timeline, and the branchs that grow, also start at diffrent times throught the time line...so that doesnt work for me, beucase i need all the green nodes to be grown and the red ones to grow together...

thank you!!

Comment

Hey Alham: just to confirm, are you working in the v8 or v9 modeler? We were checking on this feature in both versions and found it to be more reliable in v9.

In v8 the fully grown components of the tree may pop in, but it should be in the first frame of animation rather than 129-130. I'm having some trouble seeing the pop between the frames posted here, I might need some help understanding your growth problem. What are the problems you're facing when you mention that they aren't working?

Are you intentionally starting the branch growth at frame 200? Could you share your growing branch generator growth settings?
                      any help with this?
                      im still stuck

Comment

Sorry about that Alham; we could troubleshoot more rapidly with your file on our side; please open this SpeedTree, save as with assets into a new folder, zip it, and email it to us at [email protected] (please include the link to this support thread so we can reference what we've discussed here!)

Comment

Working...
                        X