Can't zoom all the way in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't zoom all the way in

I am making a very long vine. I'd like to zoom in very close to inspect the leaves on the vine, but the zoom feature slows down the more I zoom in, until I hit Zeno's paradox and can't zoom in anymore. How can I get around this?

Zoomed in all the way (not close enough to inspect the leaves):

Click image for larger version  Name:	in.png Views:	0 Size:	15.8 KB ID:	11325

Zoomed out:

Click image for larger version  Name:	out.png Views:	0 Size:	12.8 KB ID:	11324

Zeno's paradox:

Last edited by GameDeveloper1111; 05-14-2022, 05:27 AM.

I could work on the leaves with a short vine, and once I'm satisfied I could then add length to the vine. This means, though, to edit the leaves later, I'll need to shorten the vine again and lengthen it again after, each time.

Comment

I can zoom all the way in now. Not sure what changed. I think it might be because I shortened the length, zoomed in, and then added the length back.

Comment

If I look at the vine from one side, I can zoom all the way in. If I look at it from the other side, I cannot zoom all the way in.

Comment

Hello,

When you zoom in, you are moving closer to the pivot point, at which point the camera will stop. Your pivot point seems to be offset from your model's center, which is why you seem to be able to get close enough on one side and not the other. If you hold shift while zooming with the scroll wheel, it will move both the camera and the pivot point, so you can zoom all the way there (though your pivot may end up in a weird place).

If you zoom all (either with the menu item or double clicking in empty space), it will try to place the pivot in a good place near the center of the model. But if you want to zoom in on a specific place, you can double click right where you want it. Then the pivot will be placed where you double clicked, and the camera will swing to center it. Zooming should then let you get all the way to the thing you want.

Hope this helps

Comment

Working...
          X