non-commercial license

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• non-commercial license

My intention was to submit this question via the "contact us" form on the main website, but the form requires a company name to be filled in.
    Being a hobbyist I understood this wasn't the appropriate way to get to the information I needed.

As for my actual question:
    Are there any plans to provide non-commercial licenses of SpeedTree Cinema or Studio to be used for personal projects only?

I see the potential in using SpeedTree to populate an environment for an animated short I am working on. But this being a personal project with limited budget even the cheapest version of SpeedTree (Architecture) is currently out of my budget.
    Now, I understand that direct developer support and other things (full tree library) would not be part of such non-commercial license. But I'd like to see features as handpainting, worldbuilding and quad geometry be available to hobbyists without breaking the bank.

I've followed a few tutorials in order to get an idea, but haven't requested an evaluation version yet as I prefer not to get involved with things I can't afford.

Thank you.

Hopefully one day!

Unfortunately i believe there still isn't such an option. A massive shame as I too (i'm sure many many more aswell) would love to be able to use Speedtree more at a reasonable cost. Houdini's Non-Commercial version is a great example - largely unrestricted software and full HD renders for $99 a year

Hopefully this can happen in the future, i'll be the first to throw my money at you folks at Speedtree!

Originally posted by C4DS View Post
    My intention was to submit this question via the "contact us" form on the main website, but the form requires a company name to be filled in.
    Being a hobbyist I understood this wasn't the appropriate way to get to the information I needed.

As for my actual question:
    Are there any plans to provide non-commercial licenses of SpeedTree Cinema or Studio to be used for personal projects only?

I see the potential in using SpeedTree to populate an environment for an animated short I am working on. But this being a personal project with limited budget even the cheapest version of SpeedTree (Architecture) is currently out of my budget.
    Now, I understand that direct developer support and other things (full tree library) would not be part of such non-commercial license. But I'd like to see features as handpainting, worldbuilding and quad geometry be available to hobbyists without breaking the bank.

I've followed a few tutorials in order to get an idea, but haven't requested an evaluation version yet as I prefer not to get involved with things I can't afford.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
    X