Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding a little nub or bud to the end of some branches?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding a little nub or bud to the end of some branches?

I am creating a tree with hardly any leaves, so i need to make the branches look as good as possible because my tree is going to be pretty large on the page, this is for a still. So I wanted to add a little nub/bud like to the very end of some of the branches, what is the best way to do this?

Thanks,
    Steve

The best way to approach this is to create a spherical mesh with a stem. I would then Create a 'Frond Mesh' generator node and set the geometry as the bud mesh that was created.

Attached to this is a example file of this process. I made a low triangle count mesh for the bud but the complexity really depends on you.
    Buds.zip

I hope this helps!

Comment

Thank you for your quick reply. I called earlier today asking about this and will give your recommendation a try.

Originally posted by SoniaPiasecki View Post
      The best way to approach this is to create a spherical mesh with a stem. I would then Create a 'Frond Mesh' generator node and set the geometry as the bud mesh that was created.

Attached to this is a example file of this process. I made a low triangle count mesh for the bud but the complexity really depends on you.

I hope this helps!

Comment

I was just wondering how you created a 'Frond Mesh' generator node? I can get it to that point but get lost there. I looked at your example but still wasn't able to figure the generator part out. Thanks.

Comment

How do you create a 'Frond Mesh' generator node? I follow what you are suggesting up to that point. When I add in my custom mesh's they don't align like yours did in your example.

Comment

In the Generation window, left click on the node you want the buds to attach itself to then go to 'Add Geometry to Selected' --> 'Fronds' --> 'Mesh Fronds'. This will create the generator.

On the left hand side of the screen, there is the 'Property Editor'. You'll find there the 'Materials' group attributes. You need to set the 'Geometry' as the mesh you created and assign the 'Material' you wanted to it. As for placement, I used the controls in the 'Generation' group, in the 'Property Editor, to dictate how many nodes I wanted at each step and how many steps I wanted. I then used the 'Start Angle 'property, found in the 'Spine' group, to get the buds to lay near the branch at the angle I wanted.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
            X