Need urgent update UE5 Export, it absolutely screwed up in UE5!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Neeo
    • Jan 2022

Need urgent update UE5 Export, it absolutely screwed up in UE5!

UE5 is the next 5 years, speedtree needs to provide better export support asap!
    Here is my export settings, I got the way in the forum I believe it's correct.
    The tree is not controlled by any wind force, even if the wind directional source parameter is horrible 999.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2022-11-18 185722.png Views:	2 Size:	2.7 KB ID:	12031 Click image for larger version  Name:	2022-11-18 185858.png Views:	2 Size:	3.33 MB ID:	12030
    Last edited by Neeo; 11-18-2022, 07:30 AM.
  • Greg Croft
    Administrator
    • Jul 2011

Hello,

If you are exporting an ST9 file, then that wind is performed wholly on the GPU. It does not respond to the wind directional actor, just the values you supply in the material instance. You could instead export an ST file, which will respond to the wind directional actor (though you will need to change your wind algorithm from Games to Legacy).

There are pros and cons to each approach. ST is more drop-in ready. ST9 is much more flexible and editable, but has some caveats about what you can change at runtime easily. You can see a breakdown of the differences in the following documentation pages.

https://docs9.speedtree.com/modeler/...p?id=impue4st9

Hope this helps

Comment

• Neeo
      • Jan 2022

Thanks for your reply.
      Yes, I use st9 format import to UE5.1.
      However, I get moving tree trunks and weird shadows.
      Guys, please improve the export or give us a video tut about UE5.

Comment

Working...
      X