Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedtrees in C4D vs. Render Instances

Hey guys,
    got a quick question concerning Render Instances in C4D.

When I export a tree with windanimation to Cinema 4D and then try to put it into a render instance it dies. If there is no animation, it works.

Is this a problem I can solve within Speedtree or is it a problem with the PLA keys? Or something completely different?

Greetz and thanks,

JayCox

I am not sure why it is not working. We certainly don't prevent it from happening. Does the same thing happen with a non-SpeedTree object with PLA keys?

I wish we had some helpful info, but you may find better help on a C4D forum

Comment

Ok Thank you !

I just quickly animated points of a cube and put one a vray material with weight... that worked with render Instances... Maybe it wasn complex enough...

I'll go roaming around some c4d forums

Thanks anyway!

Greetz,
      JayCox

Comment

If you find out the cause, please let us know. Maybe we can make the exporter work around it.

Comment

Originally posted by JayCox View Post
          Ok Thank you !

I just quickly animated points of a cube and put one a vray material with weight... that worked with render Instances... Maybe it wasn complex enough...

I'll go roaming around some c4d forums

Thanks anyway!

Greetz,
          JayCox
          Jay. Have you tested the Alembec importer in C4d 14.. You can save out the animated mesh from C4d to alembic. then import the alembic file back in.. ?? this makes for a very small file. it loads the bits from the referenced file..
          Lee

Comment

Working...
          X