Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• colection mesh attraction problem

Hi,
    I set a branch mesh as a collider attraction for vines. but my vines didn't follow the branch, and even passes trough. It seems there a difference between my mesh and the collider created from this mesh...
    the force from the collection is set to 1, and the vines keeps growing beside the branch.

here's a screenshot of what happens:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	CollectionObject.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	3215

and my file:

Thanx.
    Attached Files

Hi,

Your setup seems perfectly fine but I definitely see the unintended behavior. I'm going to look into this and get back to you.

Thanks,

Comment

This was kind of hard to find but it turns out to be the "Sink" property in the "Generation" group on the vines. Sink is applied after the entire branch is computed; therefore, it was shifting the vines off of the branch. We probably need to warn about that in the program somewhere but setting "Sink" to zero helps. Branches are allowed to exit through the back facing polygons of a mesh so just editing sink may not be enough. I had to node edit the positions of the three vines so that they started outside of the branch they are clinging to in order to get them all behaving like I believe you are expecting.

Hope this helps!

Comment

ok, good to know about the "Sink", I used to change this value for branches, twigs, vines,.... because after exporting we smooth the meshes.
        I don't like to node edit elements because we are still in pre-prod and often change the look of the trees.
        But thanks for the help!!!

Comment

Working...
        X