Export to maya Problem with leaf textures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Export to maya Problem with leaf textures

After exporting the tree to Maya i get a problem of the leafs looking like cards.

What do i have to change set to fix this?

Thanks Owen

Click image for larger version

Name:	tree.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	3220

If you mean you have a tree with camera-facing leaves (cards) and you want to export it as a static mesh, you'll need to replace the camera-facing geometry with non-facing geometry. There are a selection of leaf meshes in the samples folder, you could make your own, or you can use the generate mesh option in the material tab to create a mesh for a particular texture.

If you mean the leaf is completely opaque when it should be using the alpha channel to cutout around the leaves, the easiest way is to use the Maya import plugin we provide. It's in the scripts folder, and the Modeler documentation covers installing and using it. It will set up the transparency in the materials correctly after import.

Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Croft View Post
      If you mean you have a tree with camera-facing leaves (cards) and you want to export it as a static mesh, you'll need to replace the camera-facing geometry with non-facing geometry. There are a selection of leaf meshes in the samples folder, you could make your own, or you can use the generate mesh option in the material tab to create a mesh for a particular texture.

If you mean the leaf is completely opaque when it should be using the alpha channel to cutout around the leaves, the easiest way is to use the Maya import plugin we provide. It's in the scripts folder, and the Modeler documentation covers installing and using it. It will set up the transparency in the materials correctly after import.

Hope this helps
      ya still no luck they still look like cards ive got the plugin setup and have imported using speedtree FBX any tutorials on this? something with pictures to aid me abit more i must be missing something.

Comment

Maya can be tricky with alpha channels, so be sure to check the option for separate alpha textures when you export. That may be the problem.

There is a Maya tutorial video here:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9SzqREL1DI

Comment

Working...
        X