Speedtree Architect Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedtree Architect Question

I am an independent artist looking for a way to easily incorporate realistic vegetation into some landscape work I will be doing. Speedtree Architect would potentially fit my budget but I am concerned that it only includes 5 species. Does that mean that only 5 types of plants can be created?

Any other general comments on this version will also be appreciated.

Thanks

Those are just sample trees. You can make anything you want with the Architect (or any other) version of SpeedTree. If you want to save time, you can also buy trees from our tree store at speedtree.com/trees.

Comment

Thank you Greg. That's a relief. So the component nodes, if that's the right term, are available to model virtually any form of vegetation?

Comment

Yes, you can model any tree/plant you want with any of the products.

The different products do have a number of feature differences, however. You can see them here: http://www.speedtree.com/3d-animatio...comparison.php

Comment

Thanks for the link. Are there any examples of how UVs and textures are handled in OBJ export? Can Architect export in formats other than 3DM, FBX and OBJ such as LWO. No other formats are mentioned so i assume not, but thought I'd ask...

One last question (for now) I downloaded the trial version a while back but by the time I figured out how to get it to run in OSX, I didn't have much time to play with it. Is it possible to give it another try at some point?

Thanks again for all your help.

Comment

FBX is the preferred format, though OBJ will work in a pinch if you don't need extra info. We also natively support C4D files. Currently we do not support LWO, sorry.

If you download the latest version, and it is still reporting as expired, send us an email at licensing@speedtree.com and we can help you out.

Comment

Working...
            X