No announcement yet.

Making Leaf mesh act like a meta ball.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making Leaf mesh act like a meta ball.

So the project we are working on requires the large plumes to clip/meta together if they are come into contact with one another in the same way meta balls do in blender. Is this possible in the speed tree modeler? We are developing with hero engine and this effect would aid the development process a great deal. I've posted a pic of the meshes intersecting one another. We want them to bind. Thanks.Click image for larger version

Name:	PinkTreeNoClip.png
Views:	1
Size:	187.8 KB
ID:	3223

Technically, no you cannot do that in the Modeler.

However, if you don't care about advanced wind animation, then you do have an option I can see. You can export just the pink parts of the tree you have now as a static mesh, merge the geometry in an external app like Blender, then import that mesh and put it in the tree after deleting the original leaves. Global wind motion would still work, but individual branch motion that would move those separate pieces would not work.

If you do care about advanced wind animation at runtime, then I don't see a way to do this without having metaballs in your runtime engine.

Comment

Working...
    X