Rotate texture of fronds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotate texture of fronds

I'm trying to make a banana tree kind of plant and I'm having some difficulty with the leaf texture. Is there any way to rotate it around? Because now the bottom side of the texture is on the far end of the fronds. Obviously, it needs to be on the side closest to the stalk.

I can't seem to find a way to rotate it in SpeedTree. And funnily enough, rotating the image in Photoshop and then importing in always resolves in the same result.

Is there any way to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	3246

Hi,

Flipping the photoshop image so the stem is facing south should work. Not quiet sure why it isn't in your situation. Are you using a custom mesh or a mesh generated directly in SpeedTree? If it is a mesh generated in SpeedTree then the only way to flip it is to rotate the texture 180 in an image editing program. However, if it is a custom mesh imported. Then in the Mesh tab on the right hand side, you will find controls to change the orientation of the mesh your using. If you enable 'Show Alignment Help' then you will see a outline of a frond and leaf in the mesh window. You want the mesh to align in the direction of the frond (+Y).

Hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
    X