Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prepare trees for fracturing and blending texture on branches and leafs

Hello,

I'm working with Unity to create an RTS game (http://www.metadesc.com/studio/). After I created 7-8 types of trees with the speed tree editor, I decided to buy the 2 Desktop tree packages. I see there is a lot of work in these trees and I'm happy to have these beautiful well optimized trees. Maybe some new features for game developing purposes...

Fracturing meshes:

In my RTS I have to drive over smaller trees and so break or uproot them. Breaking the trees is a problem, due to the LOD's, where I have to fracture all the LOD meshes. It would be awesome to have a such feature inside of the speedtree editor.

Blending 'decal' texture for Unity, over the branches and leafs:

This would be a shader feature for Unity, where I would like to blend a texture over the branches and leafs. For this a direction vector, strength and blending over distance factor 'kind of smoothness' would be needed. The idea behind is to smoothly blend snow over the tree. For snow also tessellation could be used for better visual effects.

Hello,

Glad you are enjoying SpeedTree, and thank you for the positive feedback!
    Both of your ideas sound like great features for a future release, we will certainly consider them moving forward.

Comment

Working...
    X