Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to use polygon like trunk and branch for tree ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use polygon like trunk and branch for tree ?

Hello all, I am working on a tree which has very tiny very large amount of fringes so branches and trunks are not important to see all.

I added an attachment which describes what I want to do.

I need is to give fringe like looking on surface. I will put this in a game so I do not know if that is okay to put thousands of triangles so just putting a polygon vertically and rotate it about 35 degrees repeatadly duplicate will gibe fringe like looking.So if I able to use this kind of pattern I belive that is goin to be very easy. Now, how can I use this kind of mesh pattern which will work like clyndrical trunk and branches ?

Thank you.

Note: Another accepted solution could be ; being able to add sub leaves on existing branch like leaves. When I add sub leaves on existing leaves that is not applied correctly leaves are goin irrevelant paths.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by gomi; 01-13-2018, 08:26 AM.

Hi,

You could use the Mesh Frond generator for this, and it would be a lot easier. So create a 'Mesh Frond' Generator, then under the generator's 'Frond' group you will see a property named 'Count'. By increasing the 'Count' number, you are adding more fronds that cross each other the exact way you describing.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by gomi View Post
      Hello all, I am working on a tree which has very tiny very large amount of fringes so branches and trunks are not important to see all.

I added an attachment which describes what I want to do.

I need is to give fringe like looking on surface. I will put this in a game so I do not know if that is okay to put thousands of triangles so just putting a polygon vertically and rotate it about 35 degrees repeatadly duplicate will gibe fringe like looking.So if I able to use this kind of pattern I belive that is goin to be very easy. Now, how can I use this kind of mesh pattern which will work like clyndrical trunk and branches ?

Thank you.

Note: Another accepted solution could be ; being able to add sub leaves on existing branch like leaves. When I add sub leaves on existing leaves that is not applied correctly leaves are goin irrevelant paths.
      Yes I did it here is another problem when parts are differed my texture looks like enlarged by one way how can I scale the texture to fit the scaled mesh correctly ? I added a photo. If I able to scale that's going to be perfect.

Comment

Hi,

When you apply the texture to the Mesh Frond, it should be mapped correctly. I am assuming you are making the Frond -> Shape -> Width a lot thinner, so the mapping becomes distorted. You should try to keep the ratio to prevent the distortion. You can make the Spine -> Length longer, which will proportionately make the whole mesh frond larger, same with Generation -> Size Scale.

However, there are only 2 ways to fix the mapping using this approach:
        1. Is to export that mesh, take it to a outside 3D program and remap the UVs. Then you can import that mesh back to ST and apply it to the Mesh Frond generator.
        2. Create a second texture where the texture repeats itself and is longer, so it accounts to the distortion by altering the image ratio.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
        X