Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issue with custom meshes along with Mesh Force.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with custom meshes along with Mesh Force.

Hello everybody,

First post here, I was wondering if anybody knows if it's possible to create the plant shown in the attachment.

The right side of the image shows what I have so far, but the orbs are only mesh forces and don't swing along with the wind.
    I know you can create 'collections' as a base for roots to grow up against, but these collections can only be made from SpeedTree generated roots, not from imported meshes. Is this correct?

The orbs have to be custom mesh fronds to be 'connected to the roots and be able to sway with the wind' but they also need to be a mesh force to push away the roots. I also want to everything to work with wind.

Any advice in creating this asset In SpeedTree would be super helpful!

Hi,

The approach I would take for this is to add a Zone generator, with the mesh in the position you want. In the Zone generator, under the Meshes group, make sure to click 'Enable' and 'Include in model'.

Then select that mesh in the viewport and turn it into a Collection, and then go to the Property tool bar above the viewport -> click the Forces button -> go to 'Add force' -> Meshes and select your collection.

Set the Force Action to Attract and the Collide Action to Obstruct. In the Zone generator, enable the collection under the Forces group.

This way, the mesh will move in the wind with the roots and you have the Force growth action.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by SoniaPiasecki View Post
      Hi,

The approach I would take for this is to add a Zone generator, with the mesh in the position you want. In the Zone generator, under the Meshes group, make sure to click 'Enable' and 'Include in model'.

Then select that mesh in the viewport and turn it into a Collection, and then go to the Property tool bar above the viewport -> click the Forces button -> go to 'Add force' -> Meshes and select your collection.

Set the Force Action to Attract and the Collide Action to Obstruct. In the Zone generator, enable the collection under the Forces group.

This way, the mesh will move in the wind with the roots and you have the Force growth action.

Hope this helps!
      Hi Sonia,

Thanks so much, this worked! Mesh Zone's did the trick.

Can I flag this thread as 'Solved' somehow?

Comment

Hi,

Glad it worked! As for the flagging, no need to worry about that.

Comment

Working...
        X