Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Work-around for lack of welding for L1 branches coming out of custom trunks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work-around for lack of welding for L1 branches coming out of custom trunks?

Hello (again),

I have been tasked with making a tree that requires branches coming out of a custom trunk. As your documentation states, in such situations welding is not possible. Putting aside the fact that I am curious as to why I would like to know if there is a way to generate a speedtree-procedural object that would roughly match the shape of the trunk to grow branches from. I need a way to generate a gentler transition than the one provided by the "starting angle" parameter and welding was just perfect because I could control the upper and lower spread. I cannot use a procedural trunk either because the base must match a 3rd party trunk (the lower half) and I don't see an option to split a trunk in 2.

Any ideas?

Thank you for your time.

PD: I just created a thread a few minutes ago, same tree but different issue.

Hey there,

Are you wanting to weld the geometry and textures in the SpeedTree Modeler, or just the geometry?

Thanks

Comment

Geometry is my n.1 priority. It would be ideal if I could get it working on the custom trunk.

Thank you Dave!

Comment

Working...
      X