Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UE 4.19 - SpeedTree 8 Fronds have no Length LOD

Hello,

maybe I am doing something wrong, but I can't seem to get fronds have less segments length wise in lower lod levels. The branches are loding correctly and the fronds have less width segments. I attached the example file and screenshots.

Kind Regards
    Attached Files

Hi,

This seems to be a bug in the program. I have filed a report for our engineers to look at. One work around is that you can make a mesh for the texture on the frond using the Cutout editor. Then assign that mesh to the material and then to the Frond generator. You will want to also set the 3 resolutions of the mesh in the cutout editor. This is what will be used for LOD.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Hi,

Is there an ETA on the bugfix? While technically you can use the cutout editor, it comes with it's own set of problems. It seems like you cannot edit different mesh levels after saving them and it is not nearly as dynamic and quick as using the optimization and segment options of the fronds and branches. We have a lot of trees already done, waiting for the lod pass and if a new beta release would fix it it would probably be faster than hand authoring each asset.

Kind Regards

Comment

Hi,

Unfortunately, this hasn't been fixed yet. Sorry I don't have better news for you at the moment.

Comment

Working...
        X