Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flower profile in new leafmesh

This is a tulip i am modelling..
    What if i want the dorsal profile of the petal (RED line) to be shaped as the GREEN line ?
    The CURL factor under the DEFORMATION tab of the leaf mesh only deforms it in an arc fashion...
    Last edited by Robytz; 04-12-2018, 01:26 PM.

Hi,

The shape depends on the amount of triangles in the mesh. You can try using the Fronds Generator to place the petals, and then change the 'Skin' -> 'Type' from 'Polygons' to 'Spine Only'. you can then use the gravity property and the blue curve to get the spine that shape and then the petal to conform it.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Thanks for the call.. i must admit that i didn't mentioned all the attemts (with other type of generators ) i made before calling for help here... the one you called (frond) was my 2nd attemp, but i was in need of all the useful controls (fold,curl and so on) that are peculiar of the leaf mesh generator. That said, i found that if i model (in 3dsmax) a petal with a strong "S" shaped profile and then feed it into the Leaf mesh geneator as petal for my flower, i can retain the controls i mentoned before and have the desired s profile.. its a way around the problem (kinda cheating ) but i think it can suffice. PS i wonder why there is not a local control curve for the curl (as in fold and twist) , there is only one that refers to the position along the parent branch
      Last edited by Robytz; 04-13-2018, 09:51 AM.

Comment

3ds max then speedtree

Comment

Comment

You could try to do it as SoniaPiasecki describes it but save it as a collection and then use that as a leafcard in case you want to have control over everything within SpeedTree. I did a quick test and it kind of works but its a bit hacky as well. Only spent a couple of minutes on it so it would need more time to look somewhat decent but I hope it can at least show that it can be done

Comment

I am quite satisfied of the results with the leafmesh

Comment

Yea, looks like it turned out nice

Comment

Working...
                X