Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wind Directional Source not working in UE4

Hi there,

I just started with speed tree today. Tutorials I have watched show that setting up wind is as simple as dragging a wind directional source into your UE4 scene, however, when I do this my speed tree assets don't do anything. Is this because I am using the evaluation edition and free exporter? Or have I made a mistake?

Thanks

EDIT: Added an image of my scene. Wind is enabled and working in speed tree cinema and the exporter. Turning the radius up has no effect either.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by swissnoodle; 04-19-2018, 11:48 AM.

You need to add the speedtree node to the materials that are generated in UE4. I don't know why they're not automatically generated in the material.

Comment

Wind is enabled and working in speed tree cinema
      You need to use SpeedTree for UE4, not SpeedTree Cinema. With SpeedTree for UE4, you'll get wind and much more optimal exports. (The EULA for SpeedTree Cinema is also incompatible with UE4)

I don't know why they're not automatically generated in the material
      Enable create materials and include vertex processing in the importer dialog

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Croft View Post

You need to use SpeedTree for UE4, not SpeedTree Cinema. With SpeedTree for UE4, you'll get wind and much more optimal exports. (The EULA for SpeedTree Cinema is also incompatible with UE4)

Enable create materials and include vertex processing in the importer dialog
        Ah yes. I thought the exporter was only for that and the wind had to be setup in cinema. I now see that ST for UE4 has its own wind settings. Thanks a heap! I now have moving trees

Comment

Working...
        X