Question regarding Unreal Engine 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding Unreal Engine 4

I'm seriously considering getting Speed Tree for UE4. I have a few questions I haven't been able to find answers to with the research I've done. Hoping you guys can help and "close the sale" with me, as you say =)

1.) How long does it take to render one basic tree once you're used to the software?

2.) Are rendered trees saved outside of the program to be imported to Unreal Engine, or do they import directly from Speed Tree to a project? Meaning: Does a rendered tree go to a specific project making itself unusable in other projects should I decide to restart?

3.) If I cancel my subscription, will I be able to go back to my saved trees and continue to use them in future projects or do I need to be subscribed to use them?

4.) Are textures included in Speed Tree? Will I have to go out and find my own textures / leaves?

Hello,

1.) How long does it take to render one basic tree once you're used to the software?
    Do you mean how long does it take to make a tree? Really depends on the quality of the tree. Usually doesn't take long, though.

2.) Are rendered trees saved outside of the program to be imported to Unreal Engine
    When you save the tree, you save a file to disk. Then import that tree to UE4 wherever you want. After importing, you can use that package however you want. So no real restrictions here.

3.) If I cancel my subscription, will I be able to go back to my saved trees and continue to use them in future projects?
    Yes

4.) Are textures included in Speed Tree?
    We include a couple sample trees with the Modeler. And you can buy trees from our store. These all come with textures. If you want to make something yourself, you'll need to have/find/make textures for it.

Comment

Working...
    X